Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ohio State Quilt / Pay It Forward



This quilt is one I made for a Charlotte's Garden receipient. I had seen a picture similar to this, but added my own twist to it. I sure hope the little boy that received it is enjoying it. I almost had to pry my daughter's hands off of it to mail it to the little guy.


I should be working on Christmas gifts and such but I am procrastinating again. I seem to do my best work under the gun so to speak.


Does anyone else think that Thanksgiving is really late this year? Maybe I just miss my daughter more than I thought. She hasn't been home since the middle of September.


I was one of the first three people to respond to Terry's blog for the PIF (Pay It Forward). So in the PIF spirit, I will be sending a handmade gift to the first three people to leave a comment on my blog. This might take awhile to get, since I think there are only three people reading this thing, one of them is Terry.


Here's how it works:

Pay It Forward Exchange is based on the concept of the movie "Pay it forward".
I will send a hand made gift to the first three people who leave a comment to this post on my blog requesting to join the PIF exchange.
Due to the time frame, with Christmas looming, the gifts will be made and posted out in the New Year.The time frame is within a year.
What you need to do in return, is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog. This is only possible for those who have a blog.The time frame is within a year.First three people to respond.
Would love for you to join me? Other comments are also welcome.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to participate but does it have to be handmade or can it be something else?

thanks

Terry said...

Wow! That quilt is amazing!! And I'm sure you'll get your three PIF volunteers! I didn't think I would get three either but I did! :0)

Unknown said...

My son is a HUGE Buckeye fan. Is there a pattern for this quilt? If so, I'd love to purchase it.

Joyce said...

Marilyn Doorn. I cannot find an email addy to respond to you.
joycee2561 at yahoo dot com will send your email to my phone.

BetsyFerrell said...

Good evening. Beautiful quilt is the pattern available for this? My email is betsyferrell@gmail.com.

Carol said...

I, too, love this quilt and would like to get the pattern if is available. My brother has been asking me for an Ohio State quilt. My email is carolz8@comcast.net.

Thank you

Bonnie said...

This quilt is amazing. Could I also get the pattern? My email is bonniesh20@cox.net. Thank you!

gramtee said...

Hi your Ohio state quilt is the nicest I have seen, I have 5 grandchildren either graduated or still attending Ohio State. Is there any way I could purchase the pattern from you? God Bless you for paying it forward to that lucky boy! My email is gramsattic@roadrunner.com
Terry

Unknown said...

Hello, I am wondering if you are willing to sell this quilt pattern? I am Canadian but have an American niece attending this fine university. I would love to make this for her.

Unknown said...

I would like to take part since I gift my projects anyway. Please and thank you

Anonymous said...

Does anybody have or know where I can purchase this pattern. We are multi generation buckeyes an would love to make family members one