Sunday, August 23, 2009

Quilty Picture

This is the last quilt I finished. I finally finished sewing the sleeve on the back last night. I am getting things done, it just seems to take me forever to take a picture. I don't usually use batiks, but I really like the way this one came out.




Here's college girl. She thought she needed another pair of Uggs. Seriously, how many Uggs do you need? I guess I'm just not into shoes that much. She went back to Columbus on Saturday. Lots to do in the next few weeks. Her roommate is moving out and the new one moves in on September 5th. We are going to try our best to get the carpets cleaned on the 3rd, move her furniture to the other bedroom, build a bookcase for her bedroom, and help the first girl move out (remember the putting her couch thru the window?) Wow, I'm tired just thinking about it all.


I still have a huge box of UFO's. I'm thinking about making a list. Maybe if I saw it in print, it would motivate me to finish more things! Nah, I'd probably just get depressed.

My one year blogaversary is coming up at the end of this month. Not exactly sure what I'll giveaway. I don't like it when bloggers make you jump thru hoops for a giveaway, so I'm sure mine will be very simple. I'm seriously thinking about making only my visitors who have commented in the last 6 months eligible. Your chances should be pretty extremely good!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Joyce what a beautiful quilt. I love lists and make them just so I can get the warm fuzzies when I cross things off. Love Sarah's ugg boots, gosh she has a busy week ahead sorting out for her new room mate.

Terry said...

Pretty quilt! I'm thinking about making one like that out of some Halloween/fall fabric I have. Or not! LOL

Barb said...

Keep going on those UFO's! I will join you--I have several to finish too! I have a daughter who is a sophomore in college--she also loves UGG's and has 3 pair--I agree with you! I love the color that your daughter chose--will not show my daughter; lol!

I agree with you about the giveaways too!