Monday, November 30, 2009

So today was a fun day...I ran errands and almost got everything I wanted to do finished.
First I went to the commercial embroidery shop that I use to work at and got a shirt embroidered for a friend. It took longer than I thought it would. My ex boss had to rearrange the stitching. It was great seeing my friend Sherry. She had gone on a red eye trip to NYC over the weekend. Her goal was to buy a knock off purse, and eat a wiener from a street vendor. She accomplished both, good for her.
Then I went to the quilt shop where I work part time, had lunch with my current boss. I don't work till tomorrow, but it's always a fun place to hang out.
After that, I actually got two quilts from my quilter today. I still need to trim them and get the bindings on both of them. They are both charity quilts. They both go to Pennsylvania. One to a lady I signed up to do a quilt for on Charlotte's Garden, and the other is for Quilts For Kids. They sent me material for the top and backing. I just added batting and binding. This is my first quilt for them. I hope to more in the future.
The only thing I didn't get to do was to start another quilt. My brother in law called about two weeks ago and asked me what he needed to do to get a quilt made. He has a co-worker that hasn't been able to work for awhile now and they want to do a benefit for him and his family. I should have started it about a week ago, but you know, some of us just work better under pressure (that's me!).
Tonight I helped with a Girl Scout troop (20 little girls) that is making a purse. Each girl is making a raggedy purse from Girl Scout fabric. This line is so cute.
If you've gotten this far, I still need to let you know about a sale on Fairy Frost. Our shop has it on sale (lots of colors) for just $5.99 per yard. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll send you the phone number for the quilt shop.
Oh my, that's a long post! Happy quilting!

No comments: