Monday, January 25, 2016

Busy & Stressful Day

Today my sister, Sue and I woke up early and drove to a nearby hospital to lend support for our middle sister. Patty was scheduled for a heart cath at 8 am. Of course in hospital fashion, they didn't actually take her to the lab til 10 am. After the cath, the doctor called to let us know that he wanted to consult with a heart surgeon. We waited til 7:10 pm for the surgeon to show up. I really liked her doctor, he was just so kind and generous with his time. Patty is now scheduled for bypass surgery on Wednesday. Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers as we take this journey together, one step at time.

While checking emails on my phone, I received an email from a lady that I had emailed the night before. She had posted a really cute quilt that I wanted to find the pattern for. The pattern is called "Touch of Vegas" by Debbie Allen. Mary went above and beyond helping me track down an email address for Debbie. I now have a plan for getting this pattern! Thanks to Debbie and Mary...aren't quilters just the best?

She even included two pictures of two different colorways!

Though there was no sewing today, I'm excited to get the new pattern.

I am also searching for a pattern called Diamonds in the Rough. I'm not sure who the designer is, and I have sent an email to the shop where the photo was taken. The shop is in Boone, NC and I didn't hear from them today....wonder if maybe they are snowed in? If anyone knows where I can find this quilt pattern, please leave me a comment. Thanks!

Keep your sewing machine humming!

Joyce

No comments: