Thursday, May 7, 2009

Credit Card Woes

So here we go again! Remember the post about Ticketmaster charging my credit card three times for one transaction? We finally got that all settled. Ticketmaster did credit my account for the $320.00. One disaster averted.

Tonight, I received a phone call from my credit card company fraud unit. Must be my lucky day. Someone used my credit card number on a website for swimsuits to the tune of $1100.00. Who needs that many suits? I'm really glad that the card company is keeping a close look on my account.

Now my next worry will be identity theft.

I'm not sure where or how anyone got my number. I have two possibilities. I recently sent my laptop in for service at Best Buys, and the fiasco with Ticketmaster. I hope it wasn't either of those. Makes me nervous to think that someone is using my card.

I told my daughter about it, and that we can't use our credit card til we receive new ones. I had to laugh, she said "What are you going to do?" My response.....we'll pay the old fashion way....Cash! Kids, they are so use to using plastic for everything.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh crap! That's awful!

Nancy said...

I'm right there with ya........ ours has been stolen twice. I just have to have faith it won't happen again....... but I'm really glad Capital One is in my wallet.

Hugs!